Sunday, April 22, 2007

Well, haven't posted anything lately cause everything's been pretty rough, but here goes anyway:

I've been drawing astronauts a lot. Here's one in action:

Lots of roughs. everything's still in pencil, though I'll probably start laying the ink down tomorrow. Other than that, lots of figure drawing. I ran out of my smooth newsprint, so I tried out the ink brushes a few times:


It's fun, and I like how it looks, but it's so fast that I feel like I'm cheating. I dunno. It seems like the kind of thing where less is more, so I end up burning through paper and wandering around the room for different angles. I was getting fixated on learning to lay down tones and model the forms, so the ink brush was frustrating. Most of the drawings were massive jumbles of lines and attempted cross-hatchings. So I got some more of the smooth newsprint and went back to the charcoal pencil:


And, well, I dunno. Honestly, I'm not sure where to focus. Most of my reclining figures tend to look like they're made of jello, though, and this one's not so bad that way.

No comments: