Friday, January 05, 2007


Hello to everyone (if anyone) who is reading this. This is where I get serious about posting. I've been telling myself I'll post daily for a while now, so let's start with seven consecutive days and see how it goes.

The idea is basically a little note and an image daily. I'm working on a portfolio for the Center For Cartoon Studies in Vermont, and I'll post some of the stuff that I'm sending in. Tonight, I've got a page penciled for the "snowman, a robot, yourself and a piece of fruit" comic that's aimed at the Diamond in the Rough scholarship.

Other than that....

If you're wondering who I am, I'm a guy who lives in Portland (where it's rainy and windy and cold right now), having moved up here three months ago from LA. I was a teacher, and I've probably got some more teaching in my future. I'm married. I'm listening to The Pharoahs right now (which I think is some semi-obscure jazz/ funk reissue from Ubiquity). I draw a lot. I write a bit. I'm almost finished reading Hard-Boiled Wonderland and The End of the World, by Haruki Murakami. Been looking at Kramers Ergot 6 for the past few days, too. Other than that, I swim, run and ride my bike.

No comments: