Saturday, January 13, 2007


Eh. Lots of drawing. Didn't read much of anything today. Biked to northeast and then to northwest. Coldcoldcold. Need better gloves. I spent too much time in LA for the temperature to be below freezing during the day.

Listening to TV on the Radio. Sort of like listening to a soul version of Joy Division or Echo and the Bunnymen. Very nice.

More line work tonight. I've got two pages left of lines and then I start erasing my pencils and laying on the grays for the 18 pages I've got to do. Then scanning, tweaking, etc. Got to find a better method, though. Maybe start with a brush, work bigger. The pens are frustrating, running out of ink, or not flowing smoothly, or getting the nibs stubbed into the metal mountings. Too much little tense work. Eh. I bought these kinda expensive Copic pens, and they're awful with the ink flow, barely letting the ink out the tip. I even changed out the nibs and ink cartridges. Went back to the assortment of pens that I have laying around of things that kinda-work-sometimes-if-I'm-careful. Lots of screwing around with drawing tools.

A little more wine and then bed.

No comments: