Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Okay, so Blogger wasn't being cooperative one night, and the other night, I just forgot. So I missed a few days. Been spending waaaaaay too much time on the computer, and I've probably got another week of that ahead of me yet.

I FINISHED THE SCHOLARSHIP ZINE. Oh hell, finally. So I gotta staple it, fold it, and send it off. I'll spend the next week getting the rest of the application together. So here's one more page, edited and with text this time:

Last thing for this evening. Thank you to Michael Slack for writing a pretty damn amazing letter of recommendation for me. He had this thing showing at a gallery in old town Portland this fall:


He's got lots of other cute-yet-disturbing stuff at his website www.slackart.com. Most of his stuff is digital illustration, and he's got lots of prints available. He was trained as a painter, and everything he does has these pretty amazing textures:
There's also a comic from a few years back that he won a Xeric grant with:


So, should Michael be reading this, THANKS AGAIN.

No comments: